Thursday, March 12, 2009

St. Patrick's Day

Our St. Patrick's Day Green Collage - Pretty classy, eh?

There are lots of cute St. Patrick's Day ideas out there.
Here's some that I want to try.
From..

No Time for Flash Cards

A nicer version of a green Shamrock Collage

Green Marshmallow Treats



Ramblings of a Crazy Woman

Ramblingsshamrock
Sponge Shamrocks

Ramblingshandprintleprechau
Handprint Leprechauns

Shamrock Chains
TinytotsStPat'sDay
Digging for Gold Sensory Tub



Fun 4 Kids

Counting gold coins

More St. Patrick's Day activities...

Family Fun St. Patrick's Day Ideas

Our attempts...

Our shamrock toast with green cream cheese

Our green smoothie (made with kiwis, a little fresh spinach, banana, yogurt, milk and ice)

Our shamrock prints using sponges we cut into shapes

We also made green marshmallow treats (with Go Lean cereal instead of rice krispies) and made a green shamrock collage like the one above. It was fun.

1 comment:

Grandma's Cookie Jar said...

Those are very cute ideas!
I have two clear tubs with lock lids for Kirsten. One is a rice bin and the other is a bean bin. I used red, kidney, pinto and navy beans. If you use beans, beware, they are dusty!
I used a 'slightly' damp hand towel and rubbed the beans one pint at a time to clean them. I used three towels! My goodness! No wonder they tell you to rinse them before cooking them!
I also put in beads, gem stones, fun eraser, coins, jingle bells, rings, etc. for sensory items. Kirsten LOVES her two bins! Go to a dollar store and you can find lots of fun things.
(Just a precaution, since Matthew is so young, supervision is required during play so they don't put beans, etc. in their mouth!)