More apple activities
ABC 123 Apple activities
No Time for Flashcards Apple Crafts
Apple picking
Mini Caramel Apples
I love this idea! I can't wait to try it out with the kids.
Easy Apple Cake
This is one we make year after year. Very easy since you use a cake mix and the kids can help.
Easy Homemade Applesauce
I make this all the time to go on pork chops, chicken, potato latkes...anything. So good.
4 McIntosh apples, chunked
2 tablespoons brown sugar
2 cups all natural apple juice or fresh cider
1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon, a few pinches
1/2 teaspoon nutmeg, freshly grated or a few pinches ground
Place chunked apples, brown sugar, juice or cider, cinnamon and nutmeg in a medium pot over medium-high heat and let cook 15 minutes, stirring occasionally and reducing heat to medium when mixture comes to a boil. Stir hot, chunky applesauce to break up cooked apples and remove from heat.
More Apple Recipes from Family Fun
Books:
How to Make an Apple Pie and see the world - Marjorie Priceman (Matthew LOVES this one)
The Apple Pie the Papa Baked - Lauren Thompson
Apple Farmer Annie - Monica Wellington
Apples - Jacqueline Farmer
Ten Red Apples - Pat Hutchins
Our Apple Tree - Gorel Kristina Naslund
The Apple Pie Tree - Zoe Hall
One Green Apple - Eve Bunting

1 comment:
That's right it is fall and apple season. I can't wait to have the apple cake and apple sauce again (both go really well with ice cream :).
Love,
Scott
Post a Comment