Saturday, February 20, 2010

St. Patrick's Day

For every holiday I have the best of intentions to do fun and cute things with the kids. I usually get far fewer of them done than I wanted, but oh well. Here are some things I might do this year. :)

Taste a Rainbow
Rainbow cupcakes
(from Family Fun Magazine)
These are very cute, but I'm pretty sure I can see my head exploding if I tried to make them. I have a feeling it could go bad for me.

St. Patrick's Pot of Gold
Pot of Gold
(from Family Fun)
This is cute, but I might just do green jello jiggler shapes instead.

Rainbow fruit tray

Red = Strawberry
Orange = Mandarin Oranges
Yellow = Pineapples
Green = Green Grapes or Kiwi
Blue = Blueberries
Purple = Red Grapes
Cut bananas for a pot of gold
Marshmallows for a cloud
I think I'll just make rainbow skewers instead. My kids like things on skewers.

Search for Leprechaun Gold
cute idea - I know my kids would love this

Everything Green Breakfast
green smoothies would be good too

St.Patrick's Day Sensory Tub

Digging for gold sensory tub
I think I posted this last year, but I think it's a great idea.


St. Pat's Rice Krispy Treats and Smoothie Pops

Cut out and color green shamrock shapes - hide the shapes for the kids to find.
Have kids count the shamrocks they find.
Have kids help prep a green vegetable for dinner
Make a green collage w/ green objects, shapes of paper.

And I always like to make a special St. Patrick's Day dinner
Beef stew with potatoes (I'm going to sub beef broth for stout)
Rainbow fruit skewers (see fruits above)
Irish soda bread
And maybe shamrock krispy treats or shamrock cupcakes for dessert

No comments: