Wednesday, March 24, 2010

Easter

Here are some things I'm thinking of doing for Easter. Again, I won't get to all of these, but its nice to have some ideas. What are your Easter traditions?

I like these cute cupcakes. Maybe I will try these this year. I think the kids could help. I will probably leave the egg part off, since it looks a little tricky. I'll just put the chick on the nest. Also I don't know if I can find Airheads here.

Some of our Easter traditions:
In the morning the kids wake up to find their Easter baskets filled with treats.
At some point (sometimes the day before) we do an Easter egg hunt of some kind.

And we have some special Easter food
Here is what we're planning to make on Easter this year:
Breakfast: Bunny Buns and fruit, cereal, milk. If I was really on top of things maybe I would make a very springy quiche for breakfast, but I probably won't.
Dinner: Tangerine glazed ham
Glazed carrots

Scalloped potatoes
Strawberry Spinach Salad
Buttermilk Rolls
Dessert: I'm undecided still - Strawberry shortcakes are always good. I'm also considering making mini lemon berry trifles: Individual cups with layers of lemon pudding, sugared and macerated berries (raspberry or strawberry), pound cake pieces and whipped cream topping. Kind of like the ones we made in this post.

Here are some other ideas (not traditions for us necessarily, but they sound fun).

Edible Easter Nests

Jelly Bean Garden
I like this idea of planting a jelly bean garden and then having lollipops grow on Easter morning.
We don't actually have a grassy yard, except for a few rocky patches around the house, but maybe I can figure something out. :) I also like seeing her Easter breakfast and dinner ideas.
And a few Easter crafts

Easter Egg Craft

No comments: