I like counting down to Christmas and here are some fun ways to help countdown. I'm a little late to start some of these this year, but maybe I can do some of them...or just get them ready for next year.

I've been wanting to make a 25 days of Christmas book and I found some different collections of Christmas stories that I might start to make my own book with. The idea is you have a big binder or book with a story (and or activity) for each of the 25 days leading up to Christmas.
This looks like a good place to start with the stories, although I haven't read through all these yet
25 Stories of Christmas
If I made this, I'm pretty sure my album wouldn't look like the one above...it might look more like this:
Here's a 12 days of Christmas idea with stories and treat ideas. Good for leaving treats for others.
12 Days of Christmas bags (w/ stories and treat ideas)
12 Days of Christmas scriptures
Christmas Book a Day advent idea that we've done in years past
This looks like something I'd like to do as a kids lesson or maybe one of the pages in the Christmas book (along with shapes and symbols the kids could take out and put up on a board or tree or something).
Symbols of Christmas
12 Days of Christmas bags (w/ stories and treat ideas)
12 Days of Christmas scriptures
Christmas Book a Day advent idea that we've done in years past
This looks like something I'd like to do as a kids lesson or maybe one of the pages in the Christmas book (along with shapes and symbols the kids could take out and put up on a board or tree or something).
Symbols of Christmas
I also like this muffin tin advent calendar 'cause it looks easy enough for me (someone who is "craft challenged")
I also like the idea of filling out a family calendar of activities for each day in December. Realistically I know I probably wouldn't do all these...especially not this year...but it's still a fun idea. Here is a list I made (below) and here is a list I made last year...inspired by this list...and here is a list of 25 days of Christmas treats.
Christmas Countdown Activities
Day 1 - Make a Chain Link Countdown to Christmas (like this one 25 Days of Christmas Chain Countdown w/ scriptures), or start another advent calendar (like a book a day, christmas tree sticker countdown or candle countdown, stocking countdown banner)
Day 2 - Make candy cane reindeer
Day 3 - Set up nativity scenes
Day 4 - Make holiday pretzel treats
Day 5 - Make dutch Christmas soup and leave our Christmas shoes for Santa
Day 6 - Take a drive to see Christmas lights (wear jammies and bring treats, have hot cocoa afterward)
Day 7 - Go to a Christmas concert
Day 8 - Family movie night - Elf (or Polar Express or The Grinch)
Day 9 - Christmas craft day
Day 10 - Take kids to the store to buy a Toys for Tots gift
Day 11 - Make saltine English toffee
Day 12 - Make a gingerbread house
Day 13 - Make salt dough ornaments
Day 14 - Make peanut butter kiss cookies
Day 15 - Christmas craft day
Day 16 - Make velveeta fudge
Day 17 - Watch a Charlie Brown Christmas
Day 18 - Decorate a gingerbread house
Day 19 - See Christmas Zoo lights
Day 20 - Make snowball cookies
Day 21 - Make Christmas popcorn balls
Day 22 - Bake sugar cookies
Day 23 - Decorate sugar cookies
Day 24 - Read the Nativity story from the Bible
Day 25 - Make orange sweet rolls for Christmas morning
No comments:
Post a Comment