Monday, November 7, 2011

Apples

 
We read Ten Red Apples by Pat Hutchins.  I cut out a bunch of apple shapes with the cricut and taped them to a big white board (then drew a tree around them).  As we read the story and the different animals ate the apples off the tree I had kids come up and take the apples off.  It was a little hard for them to take turns, but I think they liked it overall.
I also had a bowl of real apples and I let the kids pick one out (I got a bunch of different varieties) and hold it while we read our story.  The green granny smiths were the least popular.  :)
I was going to read Apple Farmer Annie too, but the kids were getting restless.

We then glued red and green pom pom craft balls to a paper tree.  I was going to just cut out a tree shape, but the trees I kept drawing looked bad.  I found this tree printable and printed it out on green paper.  I was planning to cut them out, but ran out of time and decided it was ok without being cut.
I was also planning to make some apple muffins, but I didn't get to that either. ;)

The snacks I've been putting out when I host are:
Ritz crackers, goldfish, animal crackers or nilla wafers, raisins or craisins, different kinds of cheese cut into cubes or slices (cheddar, colby jack, monterey jack), grapes and apple slices.  I also put out a bunch of our disposable sippy cups with lids and a pitcher of ice water. 

No comments: