or "recycling science" as my son calls it.
Matthew and his recycled creation: a toilet paper roll rocket
A few weeks ago we went to the Denver Children's Museum. One of the exhibits was called The Assembly Plant and the kids got to make crafts out of recycled materials. Matthew LOVED it!! When we got home he started his own "recycling science" box by collecting toilet paper rolls, cereal boxes, milk cartons, water bottles etc. I looked on the internet for ideas of things to build with them (and am still looking). We found a few good ones and built some recycled creations for Earth Day. Here are the ones we made:
Toilet Paper Roll Rocket (above)
Here they are working on their rocket creations
And here are the ones we made at the museum:
A little lunchbox (Anna's)
A sailboat made with water bottles (Matthew's)
Here is Matthew's collection of recycled craft items. He is getting quite the collection!
I loved this big list of paper roll crafts at No Time for Flash Cards
I also liked this idea of Tabletop Loose Parts which has some recycled parts. I think I will start to assemble this. I recently heard about this kind of park where there are just a bunch of pieces and parts for the kids to build things (there's one in Berkeley, CA), but I like this tabletop version a lot.


No comments:
Post a Comment