Wednesday, January 21, 2009

Shadow Puppets

Today we made shadow puppets on the ceiling using a mini flashlight. This turned out to be a good activity for both kids. Hooray!
I don't know why, but I've never thought of doing shadow puppets with Matthew. He LOVES flashlights. I read somewhere recently that babies might like shadow puppets (the dark and light contrast maybe?) so Anna, Matthew and I all laid on the bed and we made our shadow puppets on the ceiling. Anna was completely mesmerized by it. And Matthew also thought it was great. After I realized I don't know how to make very many shadow puppet characters, I let Matthew hold the flashlight and had him shine it on things (shine it on the TV, shine the light on the chair). He liked doing that too. Anything to hold the flashlight. I got tired of it before they did, which isn't always the case with our planned activities. It was lots of fun. I do need to learn how to make some different shadow puppet animals though!!

No comments: