Sunday, December 14, 2008

Gingerbread

Theme for Dec. 21 - 27: Gingerbread
Crafts and Activities:



Cardboard gingerbread man - cut gingerbread man shapes out of cardboard and decorate with paint, markers, stickers.
Gingerbread Playdough: Make brown dough and use lots of cinnamon, allspice and ground cloves with a gingerbread cutter
Felt Gingerbread Cookie Playset: This is very cute, and if I was more ambitious about this sort of thing, I might try it.

Cooking:
Gingerbread Pancakes 
Gingerbread Cookie decorating


Books:
Gingerbread Baby

Gingerbread Man (beanbags and activities)
Stinky Cheese Man (I just like that one...nothing to do with gingerbread)

2 comments:

Kenner Family said...

Seeing your Gingerbread house makes me want to make them on Christmas Eve at Grandma's. What do you want to do? We are going to do the manger scene, Can Matthew be a wise man this year and anne and karlee are going to be the shepards (laying in there feilds together). Then white elephant ($1), carols, Santa (H0 HO). So should we do the gingerbread house too, like last year?

emily said...

I liked doing gingerbread houses last year. That was fun. Matthew can be a wise man. I'm excited to see everybody!!