I want to start doing a letter of the week. I kind of started doing it last summer with Matthew but forgot to keep it up. If I plan out an activity every week for a different letter, maybe I can remember to do it. No guarantees though. :)
Starting the first week of January we will be doing the letter A for our letter of the week.
I want to do a construction paper art project like the Letter of the Week Activities from No Time for Flash Cards. I plan to save them all and make them into an alphabet art project scrapbook that we can look through as we learn the letters.
I might do an Alligator mouth shaped letter A, a Letter A with ants marching on it, or something else. Still figuring it out.
I also want to do a discovery box. We will fill a box with items starting with your chosen letter.
You can also do this for colors and shapes.
Here are some items for our discovery box. I'm having a letter A brain freeze!
The Letter A (from Matthew's Wooden ABC puzzle)
Apple
Toy Airplane
Apricot
Acorn
Almond
Arrow (cut out of paper)
Ant (cut out of paper)
Alligator (cut out of paper)
I'm still thinking of A words for the box while we are traveling. Should be interesting.
Another Alphabet idea...
I saw this idea on the Family Fun site. I made our version using iphoto on my mac, but you could make it with a small photo album and pics pretty easily...or on Shutterfly or something.
Matthew loves the book!! I'm already working on one for Anna, even though it might be a while until she can appreciate it.
Some Alphabet toys...
Foam Alphabet Blocks
Bath Alphabet Letters
Wooden ABC Puzzle
Matthew loves the book!! I'm already working on one for Anna, even though it might be a while until she can appreciate it.
Some Alphabet toys...
Foam Alphabet Blocks
Bath Alphabet Letters
Wooden ABC Puzzle


1 comment:
This sounds like an awesome idea. There is a fun little series of books that we get from the library when working on different letters. Its called My "A" Sound Box by Jane Belk Moncure. They have all the letters of the alphabet. Also, my friend's sister has a blog, you might find interesting if you are trying to do preschoolish stuff with Matthew. Here's the address: http://amy-fun4kids.blogspot.com/
Glad you made it in one piece to the states. Hope you are enjoying your time there.
Post a Comment